On Saturday, April 22, Fr. Abraham, the Holy Martyrs Armenian Language School board members, faculty and the entire student body gathered on the church plaza, in front of the Centennial Khatchkar and Weeping Flowering Cherry Tree, for a special ceremony in commemoration of our Holy Martyrs. HMALS planted the tree on April 9, 2011, in memory of the Armenians Martyred during the Genocide of 1915. Der Hayr reminded all present of the importance of April 24 to the entire Armenian Community. On April 23, 2015, the Armenian Church proclaimed those who perished on April 24, 1915 as the Saints of the Armenian Genocide. Last Saturday, each class was given the opportunity to water the tree as a symbol of peace, unity and love. Due to the rain, Der Hayr invited everyone into the church vestibule near the relics in the Martyrs Shrine. The students looked at the relics and were moved by the remnants of our Saints. The Saints were avid followers of Jesus Christ. Therefore, it is our responsibility to do good works and remain close to God in thought and prayer.